Recover your precious data
Losing important files like digital photos and documents can be a huge headache.
No one knows when it will strike, whether it is by accident or through unavoidable situations.
The Geeks at ComputerService.sg can help you recover your precious digital content!
Some of the common problems encountered
Accidental File Deletion, or Reformat
Some files or data cannot be accessed for reasons such as:
- Accidental deletion of files
- Accidental reformatting
- Virus or Malware infection
- Bad sectors
Is your drive producing clicking, or scratching noises? Perhaps the drive doesn’t spin up at all?
- Head crash
- Motor failure
System or Component Failure
Has your system suffered a failure and you still have important data stored inside to retrieve?
Typical systems failure we recover data from include:
- Networked Access Storage (NAS)
- Failed RAID Controllers
Tips for Data Recovery
Turn it off immediately!
Do turn the system off, or unplug the drive as soon as possible!
- If your drive is making unusual clicking, or grind noises, this is indicative of a mechanical failure and further operation can result in permanent unrecoverable damage to your files!
- If you have accidentally reformatted or deleted files, further usage will increase the chances of the data being overwritten and corrupted. When this happens, the data will not be retrievable anymore!
Do not attempt to repair the drive yourself!
Many amateurs post online videos on how to repair the drives at home. Some of these are misguided attempts and emulating their actions can cause irreparable damage to your data.
- Freezing the hard drive – Condensation can cause very real problems and short-circuit the components!
- Dismantling or opening up the hard drive – The interior has to be kept dust free; opening up the drive will introduce dust particles that can cause a head crash.