Get 2GB space FREE on Google!
As part of the Safer Internet Day 2016, Google is offering it’s users an easy way to get more space by performing a simple security audit on your account.
Simply visit the Google Security Check link at https://security.google.com/settings/security/secureaccount and follow a few simple steps.
- Check your Recovery Information: This allows you to recover your Google account should you lose your password or mobile device, or if your account has been compromised.
2. Check your connected devices: This is to ensure that all the devices which are currently connected to your Google Account belong to you. Looking through this is a good way to spot any rouge devices which have been connected to your account without authorisation, this may include computers in Internet Cafes or shared computers. It also shows the location that the device was last accessed from.
3. Disable access for less secure apps: Sometimes, there are rouge apps which have access to more personal information that is normally required.
4. Check your account permissions: Do a quick look through the apps in this list. Remove those that you no longer use.
5. You are done! Congratulations! You now have an extra 2GB in your Google Account!
Remember to share this with your family and friends. Good things must share right?
More information or Safer Internet Day can be found at https://www.saferinternetday.org/